working.. working.. working

As much as I want to, I can't seem to keep up to the 1 post a day that I planned on making when I first started this blog. Ah well, at least I am still posting.

The last few days I have been taking a break from wire. Working with brass tends to do that to me. I LOVE brass and the effect I can get with it, especially once aged and polished, but having to anneal my wrapping wire every 15 minutes or so while working it to be able to shape.. that doesn't work so well when I do most of my wrapping during bouts of insomnia. Hammers and torches just don't seem to mix well with other people in the house sleeping. :D I try and get those things done during the day, when my daughter is at school, but so far my muse is loudest when I can't sleep.. and may actually be a contributing factor as to WHY I can't sleep LOL

So while I have been taking a break from wire, I have been playing with beads and leather. I got these really cool mood beads the other day, and I immediately used up most of them making a bracelet...
 But I made sure to not use them all up. So once I got the bracelet out of my system, I made this...


And at that point I was on a mission to find all of the beads I owned which would fit on the leather I had. I think it's 2mm round leather.. and the only colour I have at the moment is green. So I made this...


And I was having so much fun with the mood beads that I made this too (which has two little
mood beads)...


And this, because I had two of the large faceted beads...


Although I'm not quite sure what happened to the picture, but it shows off the beads just fine, so I've left it LOL

and then I remembered that I had a little bit of 1mm leather left, so with that, I made this...


Which has no mood beads at all, but it is sure pretty!

And then I discovered that one of the mood beads fit on my 3mm black leather, so I made this...


I continued to try and fit things on the green leather.. so I came up with this...






Which has two small mood beads on it, and is very BoHo. At that point I got sick of stringing.. the leather likes to come apart a little at the ends while you are stringing beads on it, and a girl can only take so much of fighting with little crumbly bits of leather.. so I made these...





So there is my creative journey for the past couple of days. I love getting new beads! I find so many cool things to make with them! I have a huge hoard of beads, so I really shouldn't get more, but getting new beads inspires me and makes me dig through everything to find things that go with. And that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

B



Comments